New Leader of NATO's Transformation
French Air Force General, Denis Mercier was appointed Supreme Allied Commander Transformation during a change of command ceremony held on 30 September at the Half Moone Terminal in Norfolk, Virginia (USA).
JWC begins EXCON training for TRIDENT JUNCTURE 15
An intensive training programme awaits TRIDENT JUNCTURE 15 (TRJE 15) Exercise Control (EXCON) participants from 28 September to 2 October, prior to the two-week execution phase of the Command Post Exercise (CPX) which will take place at the Joint Warfare Centre (JWC) in Stavanger, Norway.
“From Wales to Warsaw, NATO’s responsiveness and readiness can be observed to increase by the day,” Major General Reinhard Wolski
NATO’s exercise planners, training providers and Education and Training (E&T) specialists met 15-18 September at the Joint Warfare Centre (JWC) in Stavanger, Norway, in order to engage in extensive deliberations on how best to optimize NATO’s training requirements for current and future exercises scheduled for the next three to five calendar years.
CWIX 15 Test Hard, Be Ready
The collaboration through CWIX allows NATO and Nations to better address technical interoperability issues well in advance of an operational deployment, thereby, reducing the risk of impact on operations, resource requirements and system failure in theatre.
Preparations underway for TRIDENT JET 16
The Main Events List/Main Incidents List (MEL/MIL) Incident Development Workshop for exercise TRIDENT JET 16 (TRJET 16) took place between 7 and 11 September at NATO’s Joint Warfare Centre (JWC) in Stavanger, Norway.
Commander Joint Warfare Centre on the loss of Air Marshal (Ret.) Peter Walker
On behalf of NATO’s Joint Warfare Centre, I convey my deepest condolences to the family of Royal Air Force Air Marshal (Ret.) Peter Walker CB CBE FRAeS, who served as Director Joint Warfare Centre from February 2005 to July 2007.
Getting newcomers on board
A two-week “Newcomers Training” started at Joint Warfare Centre (JWC) on Tuesday, 18 August to welcome 45 new staff members and their families to Stavanger. The training aims to get newcomers up to speed as quickly as possible on JWC’s mission, organization and activities and to make it easier for them to integrate into the larger JWC community.
2015 JWC Welcome BBQ and Information Day
JWC's "2015 Welcome BBQ and Information Day" was held at Jåttå on Saturday, August 15, 2015. The aim of this annual event is threefold: 1) to allow us to meet newcomers to our community; 2) to allow us to "catch up" with each other after the summer leave period; and 3) to allow us the chance to obtain information on the numerous activities and services available to us in the local area.
JWC to test optimized organization
The trial structure, endorsed by Supreme Allied Commander Transformation (SACT) in 2013 and approved by NATO’s Military Committee in 2015, is focused on the realignment and revitalization of Joint Warfare Centre’s (JWC) output and support functions.
TRIDENT JUNCTURE 15 CPX and the Canadian Connection
Over the past twelve months, NATO's Joint Warfare Centre (JWC) and the Canadian Joint Operations Command (CJOC) J7 planners have been breaking new ground in the design and planning of an exceptional training event, which will allow the application of the Connected Forces Initiative (CFI) in a manner unprecedented in scope and size for Canada and NATO, alike.
An update on JWC's One Team Programme
On Tuesday 2 June, Lieutenant Colonel Frank Andrews and Mr Paul Sewell led a one-day workshop providing a grounding of the JWC’s "One Team" organisational culture programme to a small group of senior leaders and staff.
JWC conducts Civil Environment Workshop for TRIDENT JUNCTURE 15
Between 26 and 28 May, JWC hosted the Civil Environment Workshop for exercise TRIDENT JUNCTURE 15 (TRJE 15) with the concept of Comprehensive Approach taking centre stage in the discussions.
Exercise TRIDENT JET 16 Crisis Response Planning
As part of the Crisis Response Planning (CRP) for exercise TRIDENT JET 16 (TRJET 16), a 23-pax Operational Liaison and Reconnaissance Team (OLRT) deployed to Stavanger between 17 and 25 May under the command of Turkish Air Force Brigadier General Mehmet Yalinalp, Headquarters Allied Air Command (HQ AIRCOM), Deputy Chief of Staff Plans.
Head of Norwegian Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and Defence visits JWC
Ms. Anniken Huitfeldt, the Head of Norwegian Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and Defence, visited NATO’s Joint Warfare Centre (JWC) on Tuesday, 2 June 2015.
SHAPE Military Partnership Directorate (MPD) Representatives visit JWC
Military representatives from 28 countries visited NATO’s Joint Warfare Centre (JWC) on Wednesday, 27 May under the framework of the Military Partnership Directorate (MPD) in SHAPE/Mons, Belgium.
Exercise TRIDENT JAGUAR 15 with ARRC
The Allied Rapid Reaction Corps (ARRC) was recently exercised and certified in a Joint Task Force (JTF) headquarters role.
ARRC Exercise TRIDENT JAGUAR 2015
NRDC-Italy achieved NATO certification as a Joint Task Force HQ
NATO's High Readiness Force Headquarters, NRDC-Italy (NRDC-ITA) achieved Full Operational Capability as a land-heavy Joint Task Force Headquarters (JTF) for Small Joint Operations (SJO) following the conclusion of the 13-day exercise in Stavanger.
NRDC-Italy’s TRIDENT JAGUAR exercise underway in Stavanger
NATO’s High Readiness Force Headquarters, NRDC-Italy is taking part in the land-heavy crisis response Small Joint Operation (SJO) exercise, TRIDENT JAGUAR 15 (TRJR 15) at NATO’s Joint Warfare Centre in Stavanger.
JWC presents 2014 Military Member of the Year Award
Royal Navy Chief Petty Officer Craig Pilley, Staff Assistant at Joint Warfare Centre’s Joint Training Division (JTD), was named the Centre's Military Member of the Year (MMOY) 2014.
- U.S. soldiers receive German Proficiency Badge
- Exclusive video interview with SACEUR
- TRJL 15: MARCOM’s certification exercise underway in United Kingdom and Norway
- SACT Command Sergeant Major visits JWC
- JWC conducts TRIDENT JAGUAR 15 (TRJR 15) Incident Development and Scripting Workshops
- Secretary of State for the Norwegian Ministry of Defence visits JWC
- SOROTAN will challenge NATO against hybrid threats
- JWC conducted Crisis Response Planning for TRJE 15
- Major General Josef Blotz, Director Operations Division, International Military Staff, visits JWC
- Distinguished service awards for JWC staff
- MARCOM Commander visits JWC
- SMC4 and NCIA Offsite, an example of JWC’s culture in action
- Training takes top priority in January
- Conference on Civil Protection 2015
- More than 760 injections challenged Land Command Headquarters and associated Corps during TRLE 14
- Estonian Ambassador to Norway visits JWC
- Distinguished Visitors Day at TRIDENT LANCE 14 (TRLE 14)
- NATO begins exercise TRIDENT LANCE 14 (TRLE 14)
- NATO Senior Mentor Conference 2014
- Exercise TRIDENT JUNCTURE 14 concludes
- NATO begins Exercise TRIDENT JUNCTURE 14
- Maritime crisis response procedures tested in advance of MARCOM exercise TRJL 15
- JWC celebrates Day of German Unity
- Visit to JWC focuses on Article 5 exercises
- JWC welcomes Major General Wolski, bids farewell to Major General Buehler
- Scripting Workshop for NATO joint operations exercises TRJE 14 and TRLE 14
- Preparations in full swing for exercises TRJE 14 and TRLE 14
- US Embassy Chargé d’Affaires visits JWC
- German Army Chief of Staff visits JWC
- JWC welcomes new staff members
- U.S. Air Force Brigadier General Roger H. Watkins takes over as JWC’s new Deputy Commander and Chief of Staff
- NATO’s top Air Commander visits JWC
- Retirement Ceremony held for JWC’s Colonel Carl Giles
- “JWC provides a unique opportunity to expose Commanders to NATO Article 5 challenges,” says General Breedlove, SACEUR
- NATO’s Investment Committee visits JWC
- 26th issue of The Three Swords is now online
- JWC and NCST test future capabilities at CWIX 2014
- Lieutenant General Bogusław Samol visits JWC
- U.S. Secretary of the Army examines comprehensive training at JWC
- JWC will conduct NATO TS3 Conference
- JWC hosted Rogaland County Emergency Council meeting
- Lieutenant General Joseph Anderson, COM IJC, visits JWC
- Commander JFC Brunssum visits JWC ISAF training event
- Brigadier General Lutz Niemann visits JWC
- Defence Attachés accredited to Norway visit JWC
- Exercise TRIDENT JAGUAR 14 video now online
- Exercise TRIDENT JAGUAR 14 begins
- NRDC-ESP and Signal Regiment deploy to Stavanger for TRJR14
- JWC seeks Subject Matter Experts for exercise support
- ISAF TRAINING EVENT 14/01 Invitation