MEL/MIL Scripting Workshop conducted for TRIDENT JAGUAR 2016
The Main Events List/Main Incidents List (MEL/MIL) Scripting Workshop for exercise TRIDENT JAGUAR 16 (TRJR16) was conducted from 7 to 18 March at Joint Warfare Centre (JWC).
The 426th Air Base Squadron in Stavanger recognizes Norwegian security conscripts and officers
Eight Norwegian security conscripts received end of tour recognition during a ceremony at the 426th Air Base Squadron’s Community Activity Centre (CAC) in Jatta, Stavanger on Tuesday, 1 March.
German Ambassador to Norway visits JWC
The Honourable Dr Axel Berg, the German Ambassador to Norway, accompanied by the German Defence Attaché Lieutenant Colonel Wiland Oerter, visited the Joint Warfare Centre (JWC) on Monday, 15 February.
Capability Integration Workshop at Joint Warfare Centre
A mid-term vision for joint capability integration in support of NATO’s operational level exercises and doctrine, including experimentation and analysis, was the key focus throughout the discussions of the workshop initiated by Joint Warfare Centre’s Concepts, Capability Integration, and Experimentation (CCI&E) Branch from 2 to 4 February.
JWC AWARDS: 2015 NATO Meritorious Service Medal
US Army Lieutenant Colonel Frank L. Andrews, JWC’s Training Support Branch Chief, was presented the NATO Meritorious Service Medal on Friday, 5 February by German Army Major General Reinhard Wolski, for distinguished service to NATO while serving at the Joint Warfare Centre (JWC) in Stavanger, Norway.
ACT Deputy Chief of Staff for Capability Development visits JWC
U.S. Air Force Lieutenant General Jeffrey G. Lofgren, Deputy Chief of Staff for Capability Development, Headquarters Allied Command Transformation (ACT), visited the Joint Warfare Centre (JWC) on Friday 29 January.
NRDC-TUR concludes OLRT training for exercise TRJR16
An Operational Liaison and Reconnaissance Team (OLRT) under the command of Romanian Army Major General Tomita-Catalin Tomescu, the Deputy Commander of NATO Rapid Deployable Corps-Turkey (NRDC-TUR), deployed to Stavanger from 8 to 15 January to conduct the operational-level Crisis Response Planning (CRP) phase for exercise TRIDENT JAGUAR 2016 (TRJR16).
Conference on Civil Protection 2016
The 13th Conference on Civil Protection (Samfunnssikkerhetskonferansen 2016) was held at the University of Stavanger (UiS) on Wednesday, 6 January.
New Local Arrangement signed between HNoMS Harald Haarfagre and the Joint Warfare Centre
Royal Norwegian Navy Captain Tor-Fredrik Johannessen, the Commanding Officer of HNoMS Harald Haarfagre and U.S. Air Force Brigadier General Roger Watkins, JWC’s Deputy Commander and Chief of Staff, signed on 8 December a new Local Arrangement between HNoMS Harald Haarfagre and the Centre.
Behind-the-scenes at TRIDENT JET shows unique aspects of vignette-driven exercise
Headquarters NATO Allied Air Command kicked off Exercise TRIDENT JET Dec. 7 here in Ramstein Air Base (Germany), executing the Alliance’s first vignette-based, senior leader-focused Joint Headquarters assessment.
Commander Joint Warfare Centre's statement on the terrorist attacks in Paris
General Denis Mercier, NATO’s new SACT, visits Joint Warfare Centre
Supreme Allied Commander Transformation (SACT), French Air Force General Denis Mercier, visited the Joint Warfare Centre (JWC) on Monday, 9 November 2015.
General Petr Pavel, Chairman of the NATO Military Committee visits JWC
Czech Republic Army General Petr Pavel, the Chairman of NATO's Military Committee, paid a visit to NATO’s Joint Warfare Centre on Sunday, 11 October 2015.
Exclusive video interview with the NATO Secretary General
This special edition of the Three Swords News "Spotlight" includes an exclusive interview with the NATO Secretary General, Mr Jens Stoltenberg. The interview was conducted on 12 October 2015.
NATO Secretary General visits the Joint Warfare Centre in Stavanger
The NATO Secretary General Mr Jens Stoltenberg paid a visit to NATO’s Joint Warfare Centre on Monday, 12 October 2015.
Mr Stoltenberg was in Stavanger today on the occasion of the NATO Parliamentary Assembly’s 61st Annual Session where he addressed the parliamentarians arriving from 28 NATO member countries as well as delegates from partner countries.
A brief look into OPFOR, the JWC-led simulated enemy
Italian Rear Admiral Francesco Covella, the Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations from the Headquarters Naval Striking and Support Forces NATO (STRIKFORNATO) visited the Joint Warfare Centre (JWC) on Thursday, 8 October.
NATO Secretary General media huddle at JWC
On Monday, 12 October 2015, the NATO Secretary General Mr. Jens Stoltenberg will deliver a keynote speech at the 61 Plenary Session of the NATO Parliamentary Assembly in Stavanger, Norway.
NATO begins exercise TRIDENT JUNCTURE 15
The largest and most ambitious NATO exercise in over a decade, TRIDENT JUNCTURE 15, kicked off at Joint Warfare Centre (JWC) on Saturday, 3 October.
JWC celebrates 25 years of German Reunification
In order to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of German reunification, the German Senior National Representative, Colonel Peter M. Baierl and the German contingent based in Stavanger, Norway, hosted a festive reception on 3 October for all JWC staff, represented by 16 Nations, and their families.
A Three Swords News "Spotlight" Special Report
- New Leader of NATO's Transformation
- JWC begins EXCON training for TRIDENT JUNCTURE 15
- “From Wales to Warsaw, NATO’s responsiveness and readiness can be observed to increase by the day,” Major General Reinhard Wolski
- CWIX 15 Test Hard, Be Ready
- Preparations underway for TRIDENT JET 16
- Commander Joint Warfare Centre on the loss of Air Marshal (Ret.) Peter Walker
- Getting newcomers on board
- 2015 JWC Welcome BBQ and Information Day
- JWC to test optimized organization
- TRIDENT JUNCTURE 15 CPX and the Canadian Connection
- An update on JWC's One Team Programme
- JWC conducts Civil Environment Workshop for TRIDENT JUNCTURE 15
- Exercise TRIDENT JET 16 Crisis Response Planning
- Head of Norwegian Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and Defence visits JWC
- SHAPE Military Partnership Directorate (MPD) Representatives visit JWC
- Exercise TRIDENT JAGUAR 15 with ARRC
- ARRC Exercise TRIDENT JAGUAR 2015
- NRDC-Italy achieved NATO certification as a Joint Task Force HQ
- NRDC-Italy’s TRIDENT JAGUAR exercise underway in Stavanger
- JWC presents 2014 Military Member of the Year Award
- U.S. soldiers receive German Proficiency Badge
- Exclusive video interview with SACEUR
- TRJL 15: MARCOM’s certification exercise underway in United Kingdom and Norway
- SACT Command Sergeant Major visits JWC
- JWC conducts TRIDENT JAGUAR 15 (TRJR 15) Incident Development and Scripting Workshops
- Secretary of State for the Norwegian Ministry of Defence visits JWC
- SOROTAN will challenge NATO against hybrid threats
- JWC conducted Crisis Response Planning for TRJE 15
- Major General Josef Blotz, Director Operations Division, International Military Staff, visits JWC
- Distinguished service awards for JWC staff
- MARCOM Commander visits JWC
- SMC4 and NCIA Offsite, an example of JWC’s culture in action
- Training takes top priority in January
- Conference on Civil Protection 2015
- More than 760 injections challenged Land Command Headquarters and associated Corps during TRLE 14
- Estonian Ambassador to Norway visits JWC
- Distinguished Visitors Day at TRIDENT LANCE 14 (TRLE 14)
- NATO begins exercise TRIDENT LANCE 14 (TRLE 14)
- NATO Senior Mentor Conference 2014
- Exercise TRIDENT JUNCTURE 14 concludes
- NATO begins Exercise TRIDENT JUNCTURE 14
- Maritime crisis response procedures tested in advance of MARCOM exercise TRJL 15
- JWC celebrates Day of German Unity
- Visit to JWC focuses on Article 5 exercises
- JWC welcomes Major General Wolski, bids farewell to Major General Buehler
- Scripting Workshop for NATO joint operations exercises TRJE 14 and TRLE 14
- Preparations in full swing for exercises TRJE 14 and TRLE 14
- US Embassy Chargé d’Affaires visits JWC
- German Army Chief of Staff visits JWC
- JWC welcomes new staff members